Sunday 29 April 2007

Four!

Friday night was spent looking after the girls - or rather, reading in the bedroom while they watched Big Bloody Brother (YUK!). The reason for this was simple; it was Dani's hen night. They crawled home late at night and Inga was somewhat smashed on champagne. We went to bed ;-)

The next day was Jason's stag day - note the use of the word day, not night. This was an all day affair consisting of sport, sport, beer and sport. Followed by beer, poker and a barbie. How Australian! Jason collected me and off we went to play, wait for it, golf! Yep, having successfully avoided the stick and ball game for 40 years, I was now going to play. We had buggies too - what a laugh they were! I borrowed a stick thingy from Jason and even managed to hit the ball a few times. Occasionally it even went in vaguely the right direction. Despite my amateur status and refusal to take the game seriously I managed to get round without breaking the magic 90 (which would have meant I had messed up every hole), only lost one ball in the drink and didn't break the stick (for which Jason was no doubt grateful). From golf we went to play marbles, I mean bowls. Paired with Jason, I eventually remembered how to play the game and we beat the opposition whilst sinking a few beers but for some reason the bloke in charge (who took it all far too seriously) wouldn't let us keep the marbles. Spoilsport.

After that we adjourned for an evening of barbie and beer (the poker got cancelled due to lack of sobriety, which was a pity as having every one else pissed was my entire game plan!). We chatted and then got served by a topless waitress - how cool and apparently tradional - gotta love those Aussie traditions! We drank, pissed about, drank and eventually people started to both leave and fall over. The killer of the evening was when they all decided to watch the cricket zzzzzz....sorry, dropped off at the thought of cricket...so I cadged a lift back with some approximately sober people and called it a day.

Aussie stag days are very different to Uk ones and that's not a bad thing. I didn't even have a hangover!

No comments: