Friday 20 April 2007

The new and improved backlog blog!

Due to ADSL problems (see earlier/later posts), the entire Singapore/Australia holiday will now present itself in a jumbled order with the incorrect dates attached to the posts.


Well, here we are, cruising at 35,000 feet on our way to Aus. The lights are dim, everyone's being encouraged to sleep – what a breeze it must be being cabin crew on the night shift, nothing to do except deliver the odd drink and keep an eye out for couples who somehow believe that sex in a airplane toilet is actually a good idea. Get a grip people, it's a rubbish location to do it. About as much love and romance as the pavement outside a pub on a Saturday night after everyone's puked up! Now, if you want to cough up the dough and get one of those fantastic beds in first or business class, that's showing some style. Glass of champagne, some exotic fruits and then the room to do things slowly while you cruise along at 900mph. No quick fumble and out again in 30 seconds flat – unless of course you're idea of love making is in and out in 30 seconds leaving enough time to make a cup of tea and get back to the telly?

Anyway, most people are asleep or immersed in the on board TV and, to be honest, I wish I was too. I really can't sleep on planes (mind you, writing this blog entry is doing my back in too so I would appear to be in a lose lose situation) for some reason. I think it's to do with not being able to get flat and stretch properly so my legs start to ache and that means no sleep. There is nowhere near enough room on planes; we're packed in like sheep, one on top of the other, charged for the privilege and we say Thank You to the airline for doing so. There's not even enough room to have the laptop on my lap properly as the seat in front gets in the way of the screen. Blog? Sounding more like a bitch so far. The bloody bloke behind me keeps kicking my chair too. Git.

So, back to the reason for me writing; notes on our travels. We have, I think you'll have worked out, left Singapore. We didn't manage to post while we're there due to (a) not a brilliant internet connection in the hotel which was also not cheap to use (billed by the minute or part thereof), (b) being too knackered – the Singapore heat and humidity really sucks it out of you, well me anyway, and (c) being out and about until late in the evening soaking up the Singapore vibe. And what a vibe it was this time round too. Before I start waxing lyrical (or wittering inanely on depending on your point of view) I suppose I'd better quickly run over the itinerary for those of you who don't read German and haven't avidly consumed Inga's entry.

Day 1 - 18th April - Land in Singapore and bum about
Day 2 - 19th April - Touring about and a Night Safari
Day 3 - 20th April - Boat tours, Raffles hotel and the joys of the airport.

If I work out how then they'll be some pictures too :-)


PS . Cool! You can fiddle the post dates! This means that they'll appear in the correct order even though we're actually writing/posting in May. Ain't technology wonderful?

No comments: